A great midweek recipe that is both easy and quick to make, for all the days where you just don’t have the time or the energy to make food but still want to have something good to eat. By buying almost ready pulled beef, pulled pork or even pulled turkey you can save yourself a lot of time to enjoy your evening with something more relaxing. This burger is just amazing, the juicy meat together with the crunchy and sour apples, the pickled onions and this tender bread will feel like heaven. And the fact that you can make it yourself, fast, easy and cheap will make that feeling even better.
Start by deciding what kind of meat you would like, if you are a vegetarian then use anything you like instead of the meat. You can use whatever you like, I picked the pulled beed since it is very juicy and it works very well with the rest of the condiments. You can use a regular patty och any type of burger, even leftover meat would work nice here. Give this a try and tell me what you think 🙂
Pulled Beef Burger
Preparation time: 5-15 min Total time: 30-40 min (depending on the meat)
Makes: 2-4 Burgers
- 1 (500 g) package of ready pulled beef (or another type of your choice)
- Burger buns
- 1 green apple
- Pickle onions (recipe here )
- 2 dl of plain turkish yogurt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
How to make it:
- Follow the instructions on the package of your meat, most of them take about 20-30 minutes in the oven until ready.
- While the meat is getting ready, mix the yogurt with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Let it sit in the fridge until you need to use it.
- Slice the apple really thin, it’s is best if the apple is firm.
- When the meat is ready, break it apart with two forks then let the meat sit in the juice for 2-3 min.
- Now, lets put the burger together. Put as much meat as you like, remember to spoon some of the juice over the meat on the bun.
- Place the apple slices on top of the meat, then the pickles onions (you can find the recipe here)
- Spread a good amount of the yogurt on the top part of the bun, put the “lid” on top.
- Enjoy with fries, chili cheese or just a cold drink. 🙂