This pudding is sweet, easy and delicious. I found this recipe and I just hade to try it right away. Preparation time is less than 5 min, depending on if you are using canned or fresh mango. If you are using fresh mango, then slice the mango and follow the steps below. For a vegan, or vegetarian, option use agar agar powder instead of the gelatin. Just follow the steps below and tell me how it went.
- 1 can, 230 g, of mango, with the syrup (1 & 1/2 fresh mangos).
- 1 & 1/2 dl sugar.
- Juice from 1 lime.
- 1 dl of yoghurt.
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons of gelatin.
- Gel-food colors (optional).
Step by step:
- Mix the gelatin into a 1/2 dl of boiling hot water. Make sure that everything has dissolved. Let the gelatin sit until the other steps are complete.
- Blend the mango, some of the syrup and the yoghurt into a smooth mixture, in a blender.
- Add the sugar and the lime juice. Taste until you feel happy with how sweet the mixture is.
- Pour the mango-mixture into a bowl.
- Once the gelatin is firm, but not solid, add it to the rest of the pudding.
- If you want to create different colors with the pudding, remove some of the mixture into a bowl and add gel-food coloring, blend well and repeat in other colors. Create waves of different patterns into the bowls that you want to serve the pudding from.
- Pour the pudding into small bowls, glasses or molds.
- Let the pudding sit in the fridge until it is firm (approx. 2 hours).
- Serve alone or with yoghurt mixed with some cinnamon and honey.
- Enjoy. 🙂